RESTORATION AND RECONSTRUCTION OF THE HISTORIC CONVENT COMPLEX OF SANTI GIACOMO E FILIPPO - GENOA

Client: San Bartolomeo srl (Common of Genoa and Fenera srl)

Main features:
Area: ~4.300m2
Residential units: No.67
Offices: No.7
Walk-in area (residential and business): 6.570m2
Underground Parking (5 levels): No.145 car parks

Chronology:
Design phase: 10/03/2011-31/10/2013
Works: 19/04/2010-13/11/2014

Description:
It is the realization of the works for the full recovery of a historic structure in a serious state of abandonment for residential facilities, offices and an underground garage. The former complex Dominican Monastery of Santi Giacomo e Filippo (1224), was of a medieval cloister defined by historical volumes, irregular shaped, articulated on four levels. Some parts of these volumes are partly collapsed and others have retained their original appearance characterized by stone and brick walls and painted brick vaults also with historical interest. In particular, inside the Capitolare hallthe are frescoes attributed to Paolo Gerolamo Piola and GA Boni (about 1710).
The project involves the demolition and reconstruction of part of the two wings (north and west) of the four that define the open space of the cloister and the complete restoration of the south and east. In the open spaces on the north side is realized an underground garage on five levels.
The project contemplates consolidations of existing facilities through specialized interventions and new construction in concrete. Regarding the parking it is provided after the realization of reinforced concrete bulkheads and tie perimeter rods.
The overall duration of the work was of 915 consecutive days.